How Frozen Chiles are Shipped
When you place an order to have frozen chiles delivered, exactly what do you get?
What you are ordering
- Varieties are guaranteed – Hatch chiles are from Hatch, Pueblo Hots are from Pueblo.
- The chiles are packed whole with skins on right after roasting
- Chiles are vacuum sealed in sturdy food service plastic bags that will hold up for over 2 years
- Each bushel is 12 lbs total, comprised of six 2-lb bags
- You can mix and match all you want (ie, two bags Big Jim & four bags Sandia)
- The order page lists the 10 most popular varieties, but you really have about 20 varieties to choose from
- The smallest shipping container can hold more than six bags. You can save money by ordering more than a bushel
- You can order partial bushels (like 9 bags, which is one and a half bushels)
- We also offer chili that has been cleaned and destemmed OR cleaned and diced, ready to unthaw and throw right in the pot! Prices vary depending on weight and variety.
- The 2-lb bags have been vacuum sealed in the height of the season and stored in subzero freezers to handle all-year demand
- Your order is assembled and carefully packed in a styrofoam shipping container similar to what you see here
- We use 2-day FedEx or USPS shipping your choice, which ensures the chiles arrive still frozen and ready to pop into your freezer
How we handle the order
Orders are shipped on Monday and Tuesday. This is ensure 2-day delivery and avoid the situation where chiles sit in a warehouse over the weekend
Attention Colorado Residents: We are located at 5501 N Federal Blvd. Denver, CO 80221. Stop in to check out all our amazing products in person!